Monday 10 October 2011

Digging through the Old Stuff

Looking through the junk that I had accumulated over the years, I was pleasantly surprised to find my old PSP console. Ancient 1.5 version. And still with Final Fantasy Tactics loaded!

That, to me, was one of the best games that I've ever played. And now that I have dug it out of plastic box limbo, I'm going to take it on one more time. Ha!

I've also found a number of old CDs, mostly from my Celtic period. Of course, there's the Tori Amos and the Kate Bush collections too. I missed these dreadfully when I was setting up my iTunes library. Well, better late than never - they'll be joining my Symphonic/Gothic Metal soon enough. I'll have to make some time one of these evenings, I think.

Then, I found some of my old ramblings, when I was trying to convince myself that I could be a writer. Looking over some of the scribblings I made, it was hard to keep myself from wincing in embarassment. Yet, I suppose they were my ideas, and I would not be doing them justice if I abandoned them now. So... I shall rework some of them. Perhaps putting them onto some closed blog may ensure that they survive. We'll see.

Strange how old things are beginning to take over my life again. Even though I have new books and new music to fill my days. Maybe I should list down some of my more recent acquisitions as well, just so that I may remember when this blog becomes old too.

2 comments:

Trebuchet said...

Oh no, don't say all that kind of stuff. At least, not without another caffeination to go with it! Another round soon? :)

Albrecht Morningblade said...

Sounds like a plan. Shall we drag Rook and Jay out to join us?